Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Confused about which seafood is best for the planet? The Monterey Bay Aquarium in Monterey, CA provides a wealth of information on most seafood you're likely to eat. Visit their site at www.mbayaq.org/cr/seafoodwatch.asp to find out whether the fish you're eating has been responsibly caught. And don't forget to print off a wallet-size Seafood Watch card to refer to when grocery shopping or eating out.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Just a quick reminder that our 20% holiday discount offer expires tomorrow. If you'd like to place an order before the deadline, use discount code "holiday2008" (no quotes) when checking out.
Thanks for all your support in 2008. We wish you good health, happiness, and much prosperity in 2009!
Monday, December 29, 2008
Got a picky eater in your family? Here are a few strategies that will help you in the coming year:
* Serve vegetables and new foods when your child is most hungry, for instance, before a meal as an appetizer.
* Introduce new foods in small quantities so your child doesn't become overwhelmed. Encourage him/her to take just two bites of each new food. (That's the "two-bite" rule!)
* Offer the same food prepared in different ways. Offer them alone and prepared with other foods. Cut foods in different ways before preparing.
* Give your child choices within the boundaries you establish. For example, instead of asking, "What do you want to eat?" ask "Would you like an apple or a pear?"
* Don't make a big deal when your child rejects a food. Stay calm and reaffirm the boundaries you have established by insisting that your child eat two bites before leaving the table. Don't let your child engage you in a power struggle.
* Do not completely forbid certain foods. Allow your child to choose a special food from time to time and to eat it guilt free. Teach your children the difference between everyday foods and occasional foods. In time, they'll start making healthy choices on their own.
* Consider the possible unspoken meanings of "I don't like it." This might really mean, "I'd rather have a cookie" or "I'm not in the mood for that right now." Insist on the two-bite rule.
* Avoid food rewards. Neither dessert nor candy should be used as a punishment or enticement. Instead, establish and enforce rules for when and how many treats will be consumed.
* Don't become a short-order cook. Prepare only one meal for the entire family. If your child refuses to eat dinner, remain calm, stand firm, and ignore the tantrums. Your child will not die of hunger from skipping a meal but will likely come to the next meal with a healthy appetite and a willingness to eat what you serve.
Monday, December 22, 2008
If you've been waiting for the mismatched sets to come in, please know that we have only 9 cases left. They're on sale for only $312 per set of 24 while supplies last. If your school is implementing or has implemented a waste-free lunch program and is looking for waste-free lunch kits, this is the absolute best deal in town! For more information, visit http://www.laptoplunches.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?key=6000000&preadd=action
Sunday, December 21, 2008
|We've just added a new product combo to our shopping cart--the Laptop Lunches primary bento set in the insulated bento sleeve. We're testing the market to see if there's a demand for this bundled combination. They're available on our Web site at www.laptoplunches.com/products.html for only $33.99--while supplies last. Please take a look and let us know your thoughts.|
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Thanks to all of our wonderful customers for helping us to reach this important milestone!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Just wanted to let you know that our highly discounted cartons of mis-matched sets are finally back in stock after a long three-month hiatus. Sold for only $312 for a case of 24, these sets are ideal for schools, organizations, birthday parties, mothers’ groups, and more. We have just ten cases in stock--available while supplies last. Please visit http://www.laptoplunches.com/products.html to place your order.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Saturday, December 13, 2008
When you have a free moment, check out Alex Pham's article in the L.A. Times. Nice photographs! Be sure to follow the link to calculate how much you can save annually by packing a lunch for work or school. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/shopping_blog/2008/12/laptop-lunch-sa.html.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Lunchinabox.net is giving away a complete Laptop Lunch System, which includes the Laptop Lunches bento box, utensils, inner containers, insulated carrying case, water bottle, and a copy of the Laptop Lunch User's Guide. To enter, post a comment at www.lunchinabox.net describing your ideal lunch packed in a Laptop Lunch Box. To enter, submit your comment by midnight (Pacific Time) on Monday, December 15, 2008.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Happy Holidays! We're pleased to offer a 20% discount this holiday season. Visit us online at www.laptoplunches.com for more information. Offer valid from Dec. 7 to Dec. 16, 2008 only. Use discount code holiday2008 when checking out. Wishing you a joyful holiday season!
Sunday, December 7, 2008
If you've got a Web site or blog, and you'd like to include an inspirational weekly lunch photo, you can add a short snippet of code just once and the image on your site will change auto-magically each week. More information can be found at http://www.laptoplunches.com/WebsitePhotos.html.
If you'd like us to link to your site, send us a link to the photo.
Past photos can be found in our menu library at http://www.laptoplunches.com/lunchmenus.html.
Friday, December 5, 2008
We've added some enticing thumbnail images to our menu library to help you find the inspiration you're after. Check it out at www.laptoplunches.com/lunchmenus.html. Do you have a favorite lunch? Which menu inspires you most?
Thursday, December 4, 2008
We're very happy to announce the launch our new menu gallery at http://www.laptoplunches.com/lunchmenus.html. Check it out if you're looking for menu ideas, photos, and lunch preparation notes. We've also added a tab on our navigation bar at www.laptoplunches.com.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Monday, December 1, 2008
Do you stumble? If so, please give the Laptop Lunches Web site (www.laptoplunches.com) a thumbs up! If you haven't "stumbled upon" Stumble Upon, check it out at www.stumbleupon.com for some exciting new Web discoveries...and while you're there, please give the Laptop Lunches Web site a thumbs up.