Here's a delicious recipe we thought you'd enjoy:
* Heat 1 tbs extra-virgin olive oil in a 4-quart pot.
* Add 1 medium (finely chopped) onion, and 2 (finely chopped) celery stalks, and 1 (chopped) red bell pepper.
* Sauté vegetable mixture until onions become translucent.
* Add 2 15-ounce cans of black beans, drained and rinsed.
* Add 2 cloves minced garlic, 1/4 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp cumin, and the juice from 1/2 lime.
* Add 1 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes (or 3 cups fresh diced tomatoes) and 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro.
* Add 2 cups vegetable broth.
* Garnish with scallions, chopped raw onions, chopped fresh cilantro, or sunflower seeds.
* Add fresh jalapenos or hot sauce if you like it spicy!