Friday, May 4, 2012

Employee Health and Fitness



This May everyone here at Laptop Lunches is putting our health and fitness goals front and center in celebration of Health and Fitness month. 


Let's face it, we spend a lot of time with our co-workers, so it makes sense to make them part of our personal wellness goals, right? Our goal as a group is to support one another and push each other to reach the goals we've all set. Here are our individual goals: 



  • ·         I want to cut back on excess sweets for this month. 
  •  ·         Well my fitness goals have shifted a bit recently given my leg injury (I have some very big goals for the year but they will require mobility), so I have decided to make may the month of physical therapy. Now that I can walk a bit better it's time to take the steps to ensure this will not be a chronic injury. I have a doctor prescribed set of exercises and stretches that I will do to help the healing and strengthening process, as well as an increased daily calorie intake to promote muscle growth and bring me up to optimum weight for my height and age. Good luck with your goals everyone!
  • ·         I think my goal is to add 2 Tbsp. of chia seeds to my diet,  go for a short walk mid-day, and try out a new exercise routine.
  • ·         Being active 4 days a week and making a conscious effort to eat healthier foods in smaller portions.
  • ·         My goal is to lose 5 lbs.  I am trying to lose a total of 30, and so far I managed to lose 10... so if I can lose 5 more by the end of May that would be super.
  • ·         My goal is to lose 5 pounds
  • ·         My goal is to walk for at least 30 minutes a day for a minimum of 5 days a week and to take off 2 lbs by the end of May.
  • ·         Exercise more.
  • ·         Lose 5 pounds by exercising more, eating healthier portions and only eating a small dessert once a week.
  • ·         Take Jazzercise classes twice a week.  



We'd love to hear about what other businesses are doing to support employee health and fitness, so please let us know and we'll be sure to keep you updated on our progress throughout the month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment