Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Taking a Break Challenge Check In

I'm feeling pretty good right now. I just got back from my afternoon break and it's a beautiful afternoon in Santa Cruz. I walked over to the weekly Farmer's Market and picked up a couple fresh lemons to use for dinner and now I'm back feeling refreshed and energized as I finish the day's work. It's amazing what a 10-15 minute break can do for a person!

While some of us choose to go on power walks; some prefer to just linger outside enjoying the fresh flowers and beautiful sunshine; or even staying inside to paint. No matter what the activity, the consensus is that making it a priority to take the time to check out and clear our heads has made a huge difference.

Mid-way through this month's weekly challenge, it is safe to say that we are all feeling more productive, focused and energized since making it a priority to take time for ourselves during the work day.

If you've joined us in this month's challenge, please let us know what you've been doing on your break and what effect that has had on the rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment