Friday, January 30, 2009
Asian Rice Bowl Recipe
Love this recipe!
* Prepare 2 cups short-grain brown rice as directed.
* Poach 1 pacific wild-caught salmon steak or salmon fillet (or 1 cup cubed braised tofu) in 1/4 cup water mixed with 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce. Flake salmon and remove bones.
* Prepare each of the following ingredients: chopped scallions, steamed broccoli, steamed carrots, cubed avocado, and diced cucumber.
* Put a serving of rice in each bowl, and top with flaked salmon or braised tofu.
* Add scallions, avocado, broccoli, carrots, and cucumber.
* Garnish with daikon or alfalfa sprouts.
* Season with an Asian-style salad dressing, such as Ginger/Miso or Wasabi Lime.